2011. május 31., kedd

Dublin, Ireland











Dusty and I left Torremolinos, Spain already missing it. Our next destination, on our plane-hopping adventure, was Dublin, Ireland. When we landed in Dublin, we took the bus downtown, to the area we knew our Guesthouse was located.

Again, thank goodness for Dusty's sense of direction because he lead us to the Glen Guesthouse. We checked into the guesthouse and walked up to the 3rd floor to our room. The Glen Guesthouse was unlike anywhere else we have ever stayed.

The house itself was older, and had a very antique ambiance. Beautiful antique furniture graced the hallways and cranberry colored carpet covered the stairs. Our room was huge, with two large beds, and a large window overlooking some of Dublin.

There was a coffee pot and packets of instant coffee in the room. Instant coffee is not something I love, but it was great to have some free coffee available!

For all of the sight-seeing Dusty and I did, I have written an article for Yahoo! which can be found here, http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8077617/dublin_in_one_day_on_a_budget.html?cat=3. The article details what a person can do in Dublin in one day on a budget. In reality, Dusty and I had one and a half days to explore Dublin.

When we walked the streets of Dublin, on our first day, I was very surprised. Dublin was nothing at all what I expected it to be. All of my Dublin-expectations were based upon what I have seen in movies! So, when I realized that Dublin was much like any other large city in the western world, it took me some time to reconcile what I had excepted and the reality.

As you will read in the article. we drove to Howth village. This was definitely more of what I had expected, and I was super pleased. The views from this seaside town consisted of beautiful green hills and waves crashing onto rocky shores. It was incredible!

The morning of our flight to Scotland, we had to wake up at 3:30 am in order to take a taxi to the airport. For breakfast, we ate bananas and chocolate muffins that we purchased at Tesco the day before. Our taxi ride was extremely interesting and be read about here, http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8071283/the_queens_unwelcome_visit_to_ireland.html?cat=37.

We left Ireland satisfied with the fact that we had seen it. If we were to travel to Ireland again, we would love to stay in a smaller town, or even visit Northern Ireland!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése