2010. július 4., vasárnap

I finally felt comfortable enough to drive the family car. There were first many things I had to get used to ...Instead of stop lights, most intersections are roundabouts. The odometer in the car is metric, of course. Every time a driver goes around a bike rider, or something in the road, they signal. Obviously...all of the signs are in Hungarian...I don't know the difference between "Don't Enter" "No Parking" etc....that is scary!!!

But like I said, I finally drove the car. I had a great time, the car drives great! I drove home from the 4th of July party yesterday, and then drove home from Gyor today. Hungarian drivers are very conscientious, but also very aggressive. Everyone is always passing and will not wait, without honking, if the car in front of them does not proceed immediately after the light turns green.

Speaking of traffic lights, each one has an electronic count down which displays how many seconds until the light turns green (actually, yellow then green). Also, when driving, if the passing car flashes their lights.....warning....you are about to drive by a cop!! When you flash your lights at a passing car, to warn them, they wave as a thank you. When entering into a roundabout, there is not need to signal, but you must signal as you exit.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése